Surefire High-Capacity Magazine, 60 Round (CA Rebuild Kit)
Rebuild kits are not to be used to assemble a new high capacity magazine which would be in violation of local or state law. These rebuild kits are intended to rebuild a legally owned pre-ban magazine or for assembling a 10 round magazine pursuant to local or state law.
You can assemble your rebuild kit into a magazine when you are outside of CA or at a location at which you are legally allowed to possess a high capacity magazine. For example: You can take your rebuild kit from California to Arizona, assemble it, use it, and take it apart before you return to California. Many of our customers are competition shooters who reside in CA but travel the country shooting and require rebuild kits for competition. Others attend weapon training facilities in other states where they are legally allowed to assemble and use rebuild kits as magazines. Just be sure you take them apart completely before returning to California.
By purchasing a rebuild kit(s) the purchaser accepts sole responsibility to remain in accordance with local or state law and any failure to do so will be the purchasers responsibility. I accept no liability whatsoever for misuse or negligence on the part of the purchaser.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, and federal laws in regard to the possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from me.
Please consult the CA DOJ and/or your local ATF office if you have any legality related questions.
The SureFire high-capacity magazine for 5.56x45 mm (.223 Remington) ammunition, is compatible with M4/M16/AR-15 variants and other firearms that accept standard STANAG 4179 magazines. Constructed from Mil-Spec hard-anodized aluminum, they feed smoothly and reliably due to optimal geometry, non-binding coil springs, and ingenious nesting polymer followers. The long-lasting springs are cadmium coated for low friction and excellent corrosion resistance. Magazines require no lubricants and can be easily disassembled without tools for cleaning.
SureFire High-Capacity magazines provide distinct tactical advantages: increased initial firepower in ambush situations; fewer reloads overall, which means less downtime and target distraction in a firefight; fast and easy magazine insertion, even with a closed bolt; less bulk compared to drum mags, enabling a normal weapon grip. The 60-round magazine—slightly thinner than two 30-round magazines clipped together and about the same overall length—fits in most dual magazine pouches, eliminating special carry pouches required for drum magazines. SureFire offers a heavy-duty magazine pouch specifically designed for the MAG5-60 that attaches to a MOLLE system vest.
Read more—High-Capacity Magazines in Firefights.
Learn more—Firepower Comparison Charts.
- Compatible with all weapons that accept standard STANAG 4179 compliant magazines
- Reliable functioning due to mechanical simplicity and high-quality non-binding coil springs—no lubricants required
- Long-lasting springs are cadmium coated for low friction and excellent corrosion resistance
- Easily seated in weapon with bolt forward
- May be kept fully loaded for extended periods without spring fatigue
- Only 1.66" thick, less than two 30-round magazines clipped together
- 60-round magazine is approximately same length as two 30-round magazines clipped together
- 60-round magazine fits in most dual-mag pouches
SureFire MAG5-60 HCM Specs:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington
- Capacity: 60 Rounds
- Height: 8.7"
- Width: 1.66"
- Weight-Empty: 6.4 ounces
- Weight-Fully Loaded: 2.02 lbs
- Box Material: 6000 Series Aluminum
- Follower Material: Nylon
- Construction: Spot Welded
- Finish/Color: MIL-L-46010 (Grey)
For comparison purposes, USGI 30-Round magazine specs provided below.
MILSPEC USGI 30-Round Magazine Specs:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington
- Height: 7.1”
- Width: 0.88”
- Weight-Empty: 3.9 ounces
- Weight-Fully Loaded: 1.06lb/16.9 oz
|Country of Manufacture:||United States|